Friday, February 13, 2009

Pity the Lady


I am writing this for your sympathy and your money. Since I have joined the nothing is my fault group, I figure I can tell you how you let me down. I am a baby boomer. While I have been retired, due to my mothers poor health and death, for some time, I am not old enough to collect Social Security. Your first error was that you did not pay me during my mother's illness. Your next mistake is that as I am 1 1/2 years from collecting Social Security at 62 and you have allowed the system to get so messed up that they are talking about reducing my benefits and adjusting the age when I can collect.

You have also failed to keep yourself informed and have continued to elect a number of people who are incompetent, unable to make a decision and who have joined the nothing is my fault group. You have allowed the fox to control the hen house and the liars and cheats of both parties to obtain control of our government. You have allowed my investments for the future to decline drastically in value. You have allowed the economy to become so artificial that it is necessary to print up more money than it is possible to borrow and pay back. You have mortgaged the future of our children and grandchildren.

The most horrible crime you have committed is to allow a stimulus package, which is bound to result in unprecedented inflation in the future. This is the killer of prosperity. Inflation is the most harmful of all. It destabilizes and destroys the lifestyle of anyone on a fixed income. It makes reasonable increases in wages meaningless. It causes the basic needs of some to become unaffordable. If things become unaffordable, jobs can not increase. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Please send checks to Rose Bogaert. As for you, live with it. After all, it was all your fault.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well of course I didn't vote for it! but ehem, ya the checks in the mail Rose, we need you! I'll be sure to send it out before the next postage increase ok?