Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Voting

At about noon today I went to vote. There were two people at the poles besides the workers. At 6:00 pm my husband went to vote and there were two people there voting. It doesn't seem that the voters are very motivated. My pole has a lot of absentee ballots, but this is ridiculous. I think to many people feel left out. They feel it doesn't matter. They feel beat. Maybe it is presumptuous of me to make that statement, but this is the message that many have related to me. It doesn't seem that it matters what party is in control.

Our system of government seems to be evolving into into an oligarchy (rule by a few) instead of a democratic republic. As an example, the following video shows how one woman in power can control the fate of the entire country by enforcing her will.




It has come to the point where the parties support people because they have a (R) or a (D) after their name principled or not. Maybe we need another lesson in voting and what it means.





Well maybe that was not the lesson we had to learn. In spite of it all I believe that in this country we can make our elected officials responsible again. But if we choose to do nothing we only have ourselves to blame.

Rose Bogaert, Chair
Wayne County Taxpayers Association

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wala pulos imo blog.

Anonymous said...

well I called, I could not leave a message, as the mailbox was full.. I wonder how many other missed calls she's gonna get....

Anonymous said...

Well the second video says so much about it, how else does a woman decide, let alone a young person Hum, tweedle dumb or tweedle dee? how should I vote? slap me on the arse and tell me again, would ya?