Friday, May 23, 2008

One Day a Year is Not Enough


This Memorial Day weekend, many people will celebrate having a day off. Others will remember family members who served their country in the military. Some will remember all those who fought and died for this country. One day is not enough to remember. This memory should be recalled every time we vote, read a book or a newspaper, have a political disagreement and at the uncountable times we take our liberty for granted.

I try to remember every one who helped make this country what it is, because that is what my father taught me. I can remember my father raising the flag in our yard each day when I was young. He watched every war movie that was ever made (and cowboy movie too). He cried every time he heard taps. He was a sailor in WWII. He never saw action but he appreciated everyone who did. He was proud to be a sailor and prouder still to be an American.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all that have served this country and permits me to live free.

I know this country is not perfect but it is the best there is. When I go to court on May 27th to defend myself against the trumped up charges by Rep. Andy Dillon, I believe that if there is justice I will be vindicated. I believe in this system. I also know that power corrupts. It is evident in the way Dillon's thugs attempted to infiltrate and corrupt our petition drive. I received calls attempting to bribe me, petitions in the mail without circulators to temp me, calls with people attempting to get me to make incriminating statements, have been followed and harassed and been asked to do things that are anatomically impossible. Dillon has personally lied when he said I never gave him suggestions on how to cut the budget and no one in our organization ever attempted to photograph his children or his wife. They say that almost 1/2 of our signatures are invalid. I know we will prove them wrong. This could only happen if he or his supporters sabotaged our effort. It does not serve us to do anything like this. We knew the state and Dillons surragates would be going through them.

Please take time this weekend to remember those who fought for our freedom from the beginning to the present. Pray that we can keep our country free. May God bless America and keep her safe.


.

No comments: