Sunday, August 10, 2008

No Bumps

I went to a wedding in Ohio over the weekend and the first thing I noticed is that the roads were wonderful. Smooth as a baby's behind. The next thing I noticed is that I didn't have to detour. The part I like best is, there was only one half mile, from the Border to Nelsonville (60 miles past Columbus) that had any construction barrels.

What makes Michigan different? Is the weather so different? It seems we do have two seasons in Michigan, winter and under construction and we do not have the good sense to leave the alternate route from being under construction too. For years, before my mother moved in with me, I had to fight to get from the west side of town to the east side of town because the roads were being worked on. By the time next year would roll around, that stretch of highway needed repair and they were working on repairing a stretch a mile away. I know they are collecting taxes to fix the roads, but I think at some point they should learn to do a good job. Maybe that is the reason there are so few people coming to Michigan. They are having trouble getting here. I might have to rethink that idea because they seem to have little trouble leaving.


Update on my Hydrogen fuel cell. I still have not gotten my odometer replaced, but can sure tell the difference on my gas gage.
to be continued.....

No comments: