Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Love these Ladies


I am sure this is an oxymoron, but "Common Sense in Government" is at it again. You have to admire the imagination of Wendy Day and Melanie Hall. These two can think up more ways to make a point than any two people I know. Their latest adventure was to build snowmen at the foot of the capitol steps - more than a dozen of them. They even made Fox News.

Wendy told me that they try to make fun out the work they are doing to cut government taxes and reduce their spending. I guess she wasn't kidding. These ladies always have a smile on their face when I see them and you can see their enthusiasm in their work.

I can't do the things I used to. I guess there is envy in my heart. I would be right there with them, building their snowmen and distributing flyers, if I could. That fact does not discourage me from asking you to join them when you can. It is so very important that the fight be brought to the forefront. We need to make our elected officials aware that we are watching them and we will hold them accountable.

No matter what your ability, do what you can.

4 comments:

Communications guru said...

It looked like the two other “tea parties” and militia get togethers I saw on the Capitol lawn: all white. But, at least there were no racist signs this time.

WCTaxpayers said...

There were more than just white people there and if I am not mistaken you are proof of that.

Sandra said...

I agree, Rose, BRAVA to Wendy & Melanie. They even made Breitbart's Big Government, ya know.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.