Thursday, March 12, 2009

On My Honor


Why does government seem to have it's own agenda? Why does it seem that it's agenda is frequently in opposition to the wishes of taxpayers? I think it is because the Democrats and Republican have been around long enough to know that unless they stick together with other members of their party and put aside their differences they can not win.


That is why the Taxpayers Tea Party on April 15, at the State Capitol Building at noon is so important. This is an opportunity for taxpayers to show their willingness to cast aside their differences and come together in a common cause. It is the only way to win. I have seen organizations come and go as a result of egos and frustration because people were unwilling to put forth the effort or see the big picture.


I have plagiarised the following from the girl scouts pledge and think all taxpayer advocates should heed it:

On my honor, I will do my duty, to God and my country, to help other taxpayers at all times and to uphold the Constitution.


Set the time aside to join us and taxpayers across the country - to stand together. The thing we all have in common is that we are all taxpayers and government is waisting our money and burdening our children and grandchildren. It is time to stand up and say "that is enough". We need to put the cause ahead of ourselves and let our elected officials know that "we are mad as hell and are not going to take it anymore" and mean it.

No comments: